I contacted [email protected] and received this automated message (below), followed up with a closed ticket email. As suggested below, I enabled the DNSSEC in Cloudflare, but shopify does not seem to have the option to change the DS record. Shopify is ADAMANT that this is a Cloudflare issue and I am just being passed around here. I have zero back-end experience or understanding of this. To me, since I pay shopify for hosting, they should be the ones helping me and become better versed in Cloudflare if that’s where they are pointing customers to go to solve their problems. Shopify seems to be lazy or incompetent. They point me to hostgator that says they do not have any access anymore and to Cloudflare. PLEASE HELP!!!
Cloudflare Support Team (Bot) (Cloudflare)
Dec 12, 2021, 7:33 AM PST
Thank you for contacting Cloudflare Support.
In order for your domain to be active on Cloudflare, you need to change your nameservers.
After setting the correct nameservers, it may take up to 48 hours for these to propagate.
To check whether your nameservers are pointing to Cloudflare, use a dig command.
If you previously had DNSSEC enabled for your domain:
- Remove your existing DS record from your domain registrar
- Let Cloudflare activate
- Enable DNSSEC in the Cloudflare dashboard
- Add your new DS record to your registrar.
Troubleshoot pending nameserver update issues with this Community Tip and learn more about nameservers in these Community Tutorials,
Finding the IP address of your Cloudflare Nameserver and
Can't set nameservers - (Inconsistent Set of NS / Nameserver not authoritative).
Moving nameservers on some TLD nameservers (dk, it, de, no, br) can cause issues due to registrar level validation. If you are using one of these TLDs please confirm the following steps have been taken:
- If the domain you are attempting to use has been signed up on another Cloudflare account, delete it.
- Double-check the nameservers that are being set in your registrar are the ones shown on the Cloudflare dashboard. We recommend copying and pasting the Cloudflare nameservers provided.
Your plan type grants you access to Support via our Cloudflare Community. Users who post topics in the Community have a median first reply time of under one hour!
- Before you post, search the Community to see if your question has already been answered.
- If you didn’t find your answer in an existing post, start a new thread (don’t forget to include “Please help - Community reply from smarsh” in the details).
- If you don’t receive a reply within 72 hours or if the replies do not answer your question, reply to your own Community post with your ticket number 2325932 and at mention
@MoreHelp to bring your post to our attention. You also have full access to our detailed troubleshooting guides in the Help Center and our Developer documentation.
This is an automated response, which we hope has answered your question.
Search the Cloudflare Community for advice and insight.