How cloudflare deal with with my cached file?

Hello all:

I have some resources that i need cloudflare to cache. And i need to know how cloudflare deal with it in these situations:

1. File guide.txt is cached in cloudflare FR node and a visitor in USA request that file, is cloudflare serve that file from it own FR node to closest USA cloudflare node, or it will serve it from my server to USA cloudflare node?
  2. The same file in cached in cloudflare FR node and my webserver is down, is the file still will be accessable for USA visitor from that node or my webserver should be up on that time to serve that file?.
  3. The above file is cached in cloudflare FR node and my webserver is located on USA and i user from USA request that file is cloudflare serve that file from the far FR node or it will serve it from my webserver in USA becuase it is closest to visitor?
  4. If my cache config rule is set to cache file for one month does cloudflare honor that rule and cache it for one month in any situation?

Thanks.

1. Edge caches are independent. If it’s cached in France, a US request will go to your server until it’s cached at that US cache node. *The exception is if you’re using Argo with Tiered caching, in which case the US cache node will try to get it from another cache node.
  2. Same as above…caches are independent. But in the case of a downed server, “Always Online” should take over.
  3. Requests always go through the closest cache node.
  4. Cloudflare will try to hold onto that resource for a month, but if it’s rarely used, it will get purged from the cache before then. Cloudflare caches prioritize what sits in the cache by need.
2 Likes
closed #3

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.