How can I publish accurate whois information?

I tried to transfer from Cloudflare to a new registrar, but was asked to disclose whois information.
Currently, all information is “DATA RED ACTED”.
How can I publish accurate whois information?

The domain registry requires registrars to maintain accurate and up-to-date information on the domain registrant (you). Some registrars (e.g. Cloudflare) replace the publicly available information with an abuse contact (a service known as “WHOIS privacy”), but the registrar is still required to have accurate information on the registrant that can be provided in case of abuse.

When you transfer a domain to a new registrar, that registrar needs to get the information from somewhere - which is why you’re being asked to provide it. You usually have to provide at least the following information:

• Your full name
  • Your address
  • Your organization
  • Your email

If you don’t want the above information to be publicly available, you must make sure the new registrar offers a WHOIS privacy service and that is is enabled.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.

I was rejected by the new registrar because of a mismatch in whois information.
When I checked, the correct information was replaced with “DATA RED ACTED” and I could not confirm it.
I applied to transfer my domain to a new registrar, can that registrar see whois information for the domain registered with cloudflare?