How can I know how many bandwidth used by Cloudflare from my server?

In the dashboard → Analytics → Traffic, I see it “Total Bandwidth Previous 30 days” is about 10 GB. But my server provider indicated that I was using about 20GB. I’m trying to figure out what’s going on here.

I know Cloudflare has many CDN nodes around the world. These nodes will access static content on my server for caching. Suppose all the content that to be cached on my server is about 200MB. So is Cloudflare each node fetching 200 MB of content from my server? Or is it that only one node accesses my server and then it syncs this stuff with other nodes?

Just to add, my Cloudflare Edge Cache TTL is set to 1 month, and my server’s bandwidth usage has been around 20GB for the last few months, which strikes me as odd.

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

As far as I remember, at Cloudflare dashboard, we can see how much is being served from origin vs Cloudflare edge :thinking: Furthermore, it might depend if you have configured cache to be at Cloudflare edge?

And possibly, the traffic for your server might be different due to the uploads via the FTP, or backup exports to some other location (where Cloudflare doesn’t count)?

My I ask if you are limited by the monthly bandwidth from your hosting provider due to concerns or, want it just to re-check and make sure to leverage your origin by serving as much as possible cached resources & content from the Cloudflare edge instead from your origin host/sesrver?

Did you used “Purge Everything” at Cloudflare dashboard maybe (or via APi or via some plugin like WordPress caching plugins, etc.)?

Are you using some kind of Page Rules at Cloudflare?
What kind of content are you serving via your website?

1 Like

My I ask if you are limited by the monthly bandwidth from your hosting provider due to concerns or, want it just to re-check and make sure to leverage your origin by serving as much as possible cached resources & content from the Cloudflare edge instead from your origin host/sesrver?

The later. And the Uncached Bandwidth in dashboard only a few MB.

Did you used “Purge Everything” at Cloudflare dashboard maybe (or via APi or via some plugin like WordPress caching plugins, etc.)?

When I update my website contents, I will “purge everything”. But this usually only happens once a month. And my site has only a few pages.

Are you using some kind of Page Rules at Cloudflare?

What kind of content are you serving via your website?

My website mainly provides the download method of a software I developed myself, and the payment method. Of course, this includes some application-authorized APIs, which I know are not cached, but I have no idea how much bandwidth these APIs use.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.