How can I fix this Error 1001 issue?

I have used an A Record in my dns to point to me server and given that server the same alias.
I therefore expected http://account.zen-intelligence.com to spark into life, but I get the 1001 error from Cloudfkare (which I forgot was in the middle). I am complete novice on Cloudflare. How on earth do I make the subdomain resolve? I read the “Resolution” notes but they talked about Cnames and even so, I don’t know where to click to fix in Cloudflare.

The zen-intelligence domain is not using Cloudflare. It is using tsohost name servers and a Host Europe GmbH web server.

Because of what @sdayman said, to fix the problem you’ll need to change your nameservers because the site isn’t running on cloudflare (using cloudflare namesevers) These changes can take from 24-48 hours to take effect

OK. So to clarify, I need to move my nameservers for zen-intelligence.com over to Cloudflare? I can’t take the subdomain zen.inlinks.net OUT of cloudflare? (without taking inlinks.net out as well)?

Life used to be easier than this #OldGitNewTricks

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I think my question was not quite understood. The domain I want to modify IS on Cloudflare. I want Zen.inlinks.net to accept and resolve when account.zen-intelligence.com is called. I already set up the A record on the other dns… but the error says I need a host record on zen.inlinks.net on CF to accept account.zen-intelligence.com. So my question is, how do I complete the ALIAS record on zen.inlinks.net? Sorry for the naivity.

Error 1001: DNS resolution error

Common causes

• A web request was sent to a Cloudflare IP address for a non-existent Cloudflare domain.
  • An external domain that is not on using Cloudflare has a CNAME record to a domain active on Cloudflare
  • The target of the DNS CNAME record does not resolve.
  • A CNAME record in your Cloudflare DNS app requires resolution via a DNS provider that is currently offline.
  • Always Online is enabled for a Custom Hostname (SSL for SaaS) domain.

Resolution

A non-Cloudflare domain cannot CNAME to a Cloudflare domain unless the non-Cloudflare domain is added to a Cloudflare account.

Attempting to directly access DNS records used for Cloudflare CNAME setups also causes error 1001 (For example: www.example.com.cdn.cloudflare.net ).

Disable Always Online if using Custom Hostnames (SSL for SaaS).

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.