How can I configure MX records and Text Records?

I searched through the previous topics through Cloudflare community and I didn’t see my question explained to where I could understand it.

And my domain has two nameservers:
ns3012.mochahost.com
ns4012.mochahost.com

As far as the 1st column: MX
2nd column: (my domain for the email?)
Priority 10?

1st Column: A
2nd Column: mail?
3rd Column: my server IP?

0 Likes

They don’t look like Cloudflare nameserver names so first step is to migrate DNS to here (or ask mochahost support if you don’t want to do this).

0 Likes

I’ve already redirected the nameservers to Cloudflare from my hosting account. And I have DNS records set up in Cloudflare BUT there are also DNS records in my cPanel of my hosting account, so do I need to delete all of them in my cPanel first?

0 Likes

You can ignore the cPanel records, as Cloudflare is your name server now. Just make sure your DNS records in the Cloudflare Dashboard for your domain are updated.

0 Likes

Oh, ok. Thank you. I am having trouble setting up the A, MX and TXT records through Cloudflare still.

0 Likes

1 Like

Got it. I had viewed that page a couple of times before, but just noticed that you could click on the little sideways triangles and get the help I needed that way. Thank you @sdayman and @saul

1 Like

Do I need a TXT record and if I did where would I get that data?

0 Likes

You probably don’t need a TXT record. Some services need TXT records, and they’ll let you know.

0 Likes