How can I change NameServers when Cloudflare is my Registrar?

I have moved all my domains to Cloudflare Registrar (maybe 25 or so of them). One of them (robscott.com) I’m trying to change the nameservers on. I’m using Kajabi as my Content Management System, and I’m just mapping my domain over to them.

They also use Cloudflare, so I am literally trying to change my name servers

meera.ns.cloudflare.com
tim.ns.cloudflare.com

to:
jermaine.ns.cloudflare.com
joyce.ns.cloudflare.com

When I look at the DNS page on robscott.com, this is all I see:

There’s nowhere to edit or delete and re-add different name servers.

Only other detail that might be relevant is that I did own this on another platform, and had Cloudflare managing the DNS, but now I’ve fully moved robscott.com to Cloudflare registrar, and would think that I could put any name servers in I’d like.

What am I missing? Is there another place to make this change other than the DNS page? Do I have to request it somehow?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Rob

Hi @rob11,

6.1 in the Domain Registration Agreement states that you cannot change the nameservers:

6.1 Nameservers . Registrant agrees to use Cloudflare’s nameservers. REGISTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT MAY NOT CHANGE THE NAMESERVERS ON THE REGISTRAR SERVICES, AND THAT IT MUST TRANSFER TO A THIRD PARTY REGISTRAR IF IT WISHES TO CHANGE NAMESERVERS.

Domain Registration Agreement | Cloudflare

Well that’s a huge bummer. Not sure I would have just gone through all that. Any recommendation on best company to move to?

Before you do that, if you like Cloudflare’s pricing, add a bunch of years to the registration (no more than 9 years from now) before you transfer. My other domains are at Gandi and Porkbun.

Oh, I like that idea! Thanks.

1 Like

For now I’m trying to do what I need to do and stay here. We’ll see if there’s a way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.