How can i change DMARC verification settings to let specific email to pass the DMAR

About the email routing, I can’t recevied specific domain of email - [email protected].

This error show up:

"SPF status pass DMARC status pass DKIM status pass Rejected reason: Unknown error: permanent error (550): 5.7.509 Access denied, sending domain [CHINGROUP.UK] does not pass DMARC verification and has a DMARC policy of reject.

How can i change the DMARC verification settings? let this email pass the DMARC verification.

I don’t think you can. The email sent to you claims to be from chingroup.uk, but does not adhere to the policy defined on chingroup.uk; rejection is called for. Wherever you forward the mail to would likely also reject the mail if it was sent there directly.

Can you elaborate a bit on your use case? How would you like to specify a DMARC pass for this particular email?

It is a verification code email.
What you means is chingroup.uk DMARC reject? Or my domain DMARC reject?

If chingroup.uk would have DMARC record, then any mail sent from this domain needs to prove that it was sent by a source authorized by chingroup.uk by passing either SPF or DKIM validation.

I just tried to look up whether chingroup.uk has a DMARC record, and it does not (currently) appear to have one… In the absence of a DMARC record on chingroup.uk, I don’t understand the error message you posted :slight_smile:. If chingroup.uk is your domain, then you just solved your problem by deleting its DMARC record.