Host wants to change IP address setup

Hi
we host with 123reg and they have sent us the following support answer as our website is being affected by their security How do I do this given that they seem to be using the existing IP address (which I’m assuming was configured by Cloudflare when we setup our domain) as well as the alternative they have provided ?

Thanks
Chris

Support Agent

Daniel
5.11.2019. 19:25

Hi Chris,
The suffix is occurring due to the DDoS prevention put in place by our system administrators. This is a known issue and it will be fixed as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for this temporary inconvenience.
If this affects your website, you can kindly ask Cloudflare to change the hosting’s IP address to 94.136.40.104 as this should solve the issue in question.
If there’s anything else at all I can do for you please let me know and I’ll be very happy to help.
Best wishes,
Daniel

123 Reg

You can change your website’s DNS in the DNS tab of the dashboard - https://dash.cloudflare.com/?zone=dns - change the A records with the old IP to the new IP they gave you.

1 Like

Perfect thanks

Regards

Chris

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and it is for use only by the intended recipient. Information contained and attached may not be disclosed to any third party without the written consent of MBA Associates
Limited. You are not authorised to make or distribute any copies or act on the contents. The views expressed in this email may not necessarily be those of MBA Associates Limited.

1 Like