Home videos (using jellyfin) and security videos (using zoneminder) with Stream?

If I purchase “Stream” through Cloudflare at $5/month, will that allow for viewing home videos (using jellyfin) and security videos (using zoneminder) over my proxied domain name?

Currently, some reports say that it is against the TOS and it is also unusably slow.

I don’t know about the ToS part, but note the $5 is just the base price for the first 1,000 minutes of video stored.

On top of this, you’ll also be paying for the actual streaming ($1.00 per 1,000 minutes streamed) and for additional video storage beyond the base 1,000 minutes (an additional $5 for every 1,000 minutes of video uploaded).

1 Like

Thanks for the info.
I think LocalXpose might be a better option. It’s fast for videos.
I’ve also tried Tailscale which was faster than Cloudflare, but still not practical.
I couldn’t get Netmaker installed, so I gave up on that.

Does anyone know of other options?

1 Like

Alternatives you mentioned (LocalXpose, Tailscale, Netmaker) are all providing remote access to your local server. That’s an apples-to-oranges comparison to Cloudflare Stream.

The comparative Cloudflare solution to the alternatives you mentioned should be Cloudflare Zero Trust Tunnel:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.