Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site

Dear Cloudflare team,

We’ve extended the domain infourl.id, but when we opened the address in a web browser we got the following error:

Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at www.infourl.id.

If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
Check your network connection.
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web.

Please help us with this issue.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2021-08-27 8.35.27 AM
The error code DNS_PROBE_FINSHED_NXDOMAIN means that the domain doesn’t exist, the domain may not be registered or DNS records haven’t be changed (or the change hasn’t been registered, that can take up to 48 hours) for more help visit: Cloudflare Help Center

We were given this data and was informed by those whom we registered the domain with to contact cloudflare, when we asked why we were receiving this error message.

Is there anything that we need to do?

The domain is there all right, but you haven’t set up any DNS records. Check out https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns and make sure that all necessary records are in place. If you are not sure which ones should be there, contact your host. Cloudflare can’t tell you that.

How would we set up the DNS records? When we followed the link, we were redirected to this page:

In that case you don’t have that domain in that account in the first place. You either removed it or it is in a different Cloudflare account.

would it be possible to set it up in this account? if yes, then how could it be done?

Sure, that would be a brand-new setup and you’d just need to follow the standard setup procedures explained at support.cloudflare.com. You’ll still have to enter your DNS records manually as there is nothing to to take them from right now. It might be best to move your domain first back to your actual host.

but these settings are for this account?

I can’t tell that and if that is accurate you will have simply removed the domain. Maybe check your audit log and re-add the domain in that case.

Unfortunately I don’t know how to do that as I am not the one that started / set this domain in the first place.

As I mentioned earlier I’d probably move the whole domain back to the host and then - should you still want to use Cloudflare - set it up from scratch.

I’d also talk to person who originally set that up, otherwise you’ll be mostly guessing.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.