Not sure what we’re doing wrong. The site has the following CF settings and page rules:
- Always use HTTPS
- Full end-to-end encryption
- Caching level: standard
- Browser cache: 4 hours
- Page rules: Cache Everything for mommyhood101.com/* with an Edge Cache TTL of 1 hour. We put a few Cache Bypass exceptions for admin area, webmail, and mysql.
- Over past 24 hours, panel says about 75% of requests were cached
Getting about 2-3 seconds TTFB from USA. First saw this with G Pagespeed and other tools, which sometimes show TTFB above 4-5 seconds, which seems absurd.
I started using Cloudflare with the hope that this server response time would decrease, so I’m surprised to still see it so high.
Other things maybe worth mentioning:
- I can make updates on the backend, to css or html, and those load immediately on the front-end without clearing cache. I thought this would all be cached, given the “Cache Everything” page rule.
- Our htaccess file doesn’t appear to have any cache control rules that would conflict with CF, but I could be wrong:
Header append Cache-Control “public”
Header set Cache-Control “public, immutable, max-age=31536000, s-maxage=31536000”
Any clues would be appreciated, even if it’s telling us we’re dummies and doing something terribly wrong!