High ping to Cloudflare Warsaw from T-Mobile Poland

Hello,
I have internet from T-Mobile in Poland and I have a problem with cloudflare servers.
T-Mobile told to contact you because it does not see the problem with them.
There is a high ping during peak times to 1.1.1.1 cloudflare DNS or another server passing through Cloudflare Warsaw.
Normally my ping should be 3ms, when is a problem it is from 20ms to 100ms. The problem starts with cloudflare.thinx.pl (IP: 212.91.0.28)

C:\WINDOWS\system32>nslookup -class=chaos -type=txt id.server 1.1.1.1
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
id.server       text =

"WAW"

C:\WINDOWS\system32>nslookup -class=chaos -type=txt id.server 1.0.0.1
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
id.server       text =

"WAW"

I am attaching tracert dumps from WinMTR with problem and when its ok, from different hours.

I hope you will help.

VdaXtKJ QmwFGip 8DokjMH lvt1akl (1)

ICMP (the protocol used by ping and traceroute) is a poor tool for measuring performance, delay, jitter etc. It is great for testing connectivity, but should not really be used for performance testing. The reason is that most routers/switches will deprioritise ICMP, including ICMP sent to the router itself, and when the device is busy doing other things (like dealing with peak traffic).

Is there a symptom you are trying to diagnose, or is the only symptom that ICMP is delayed?

1 Like

This makes cloudflare DNS slower and not the best, before I only used cloudflare DNS. Websites that use cloudflare load slower.

Is anyone able to send a route from Cloudflare toward my IP? Because I think it might be a problem.
I had a similar problem with hetzner.de and they changed the route toward my IP from Level3 to Telia and the problem stopped.
My IP adres now is: 46.205.193.141

I’m pretty sure that the problem is the reverse route from cloudflare, it just doesn’t go the shortest route via cloudflare.thinx.pl but somehow abroad.
Anyone is there from support who can fix this?

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.