Hello, I am adding Cloudflare sites, the moment the server ip changes, the server ip address is found again. How can I hide the server ip in Cloudflare?
To hide your server IP address with Cloudflare, you need to ensure you have correctly set up your Cloudflare settings. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you:
- Sign in to your Cloudflare account and go to the dashboard.
- Select the domain you wish to protect.
- In the DNS settings, make sure that all A, AAAA, and CNAME records are proxied through Cloudflare. This is indicated by an orange cloud icon. If you see a gray cloud icon, click on it to switch to the orange cloud, which enables Cloudflare’s proxying.
- Ensure that all your traffic is going through Cloudflare by checking your SSL/TLS settings. Set the encryption mode to “Full (strict).”, or “Full” if you have to.
- Remove any non-essential subdomains or set them to be proxied through Cloudflare as well to keep your server’s IP hidden.
By following these steps, your server’s IP address should be hidden, and requests to your website will be proxied through Cloudflare’s servers first.
Do note though that if your IP has been exposed previously, you will need to get a new one from your host/provider.
See the following for more information:
This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.