Hi for MX mail dont work

Tell me the hosting company to modify _dc-mx.5093fa2e7745.sabezon.com TO MX sabezon.com

:orange: no
:grey: yes

done.

I did not understand what you mean

In your DNS control panel, change the target of your MX from proxied to DNS only.

1 Like

DNS only She is basically like that
No option to switch

→ As @cscharff mentioned, the “target” of the MX record, for which I usually is mail.yourdomain.com and I believe in your case too? :thinking:

Usually, the MX record should point to a hostname such as mail , and the A (or CNAME ) type record for that hostname should be set to :grey: (DNS Only).

I have checked and I got Cloudflare IPs returned when I do a lookup for the hostname A mail.sabezon.com, which means the A mail DNS record (hostname, target) is set to :orange: while it should be set to :grey: (DNS-only).

May I suggest checking below article if your e-mail records (usually the A mail and the MX record) are configured properly while you are using Cloudflare for your domain name:

A mail DNS only
but get error
This record exposes the IP behind autoconfig.sabezon.com which you have proxied through Cloudflare. To fix this, change its proxy status.

Thank you for feedback and asking.

No need to worry about it. You can freely ignore this as your web and email DNS records are pointing to the same IP address.

A good article about This record exposed the IP behind can be read from below link:

Usually, no need to worry too much. When using an e-mail service, the A mail record needs to be :grey: cloud to make it work propperly as Cloudflare does not proxy traffic for e-mail. It is well described on the above linked & referenced articles.

Kindly, consider reading the second article from above under the section “ Best practices for MX records on Cloudflare → Follow these guidelines to ensure successful delivery of your mail traffic: ”.

Therefrom:

Cloudflare’s default configuration only allows proxying of HTTP traffic and will break mail traffic.

look https://snipboard.io/u3BKGj.jpg

Thank you for sharing a screenshot.
Looks good now :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.