Help With ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Hi,

My web hosting company, GoDaddy, just transitioned my web hosting from Linux to CPanel.

Now, when I search for my website, spiritsinspacesuits.com on any web browser, I get the message ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.

Do I have to reconfigure the website settings on Cloudfare to fix this error?

Thanks for your guidance with this.

Best,

Laraine

1 Like
1 Like

Hi Sdayman,

Thanks for helping with this. I implemented your suggestion to change to “Full”. Here’s the error message I received:

Error 525 Ray ID: 58d61abc3994ed33 • 2020-05-03 01:10:49 UTC

SSL handshake failed

Do you think the problem is on GoDaddy’s end - since they changed from Linux to CPanel?

Thanks for your guidance…

Best,

Laraine

1 Like

Ask GoDaddy to make sure your site has an SSL Certificate on it so you can use HTTPS properly.

1 Like

I got the ‘free’ SSL certificate from Cloudfare…

1 Like

That won’t fix the problem at the GoDaddy server. The 525 is because GoDaddy didn’t put SSL on the server for your website.

1 Like

Thanks Sdayman, for explaining. I see that GoDaddy did not enable this feature. They call it SSH. I will ask them about it. Emoji

1 Like

Oops… I do see that the CPanel has FTP over SSL (FTPS)… and that it’s different from the SSH…

1 Like

Those are different from website traffic and won’t help with the current problem. 525 means there’s no SSL/TLS certificate that’s necessary for full HTTPS encryption to your website.

1 Like

Thanks, Sdayman, for your patience guiding me through this… Emoji

sdayman
MVP '18, '19, '20

May 3

Those are different from website traffic and won’t help with the current problem. 525 means there’s no SSL/TLS certificate that’s necessary for full HTTPS encryption to your website.

1 Like

Hi Again, Sdayman… Sorry for all the emails…

I would like to use Cloudfare to create the SSL certificate…

And upload it to GoDaddy.

I’m not sure where to place the files in the root folder…

and also how to ‘save’ them in the correct formats.

Is this an option?

Thanks again for your patience with all this…

Best,

Laraine

Thanks, Sdayman, for your patience guiding me through this… Emoji

sdayman
MVP '18, '19, '20

May 3

1 Like

This tutorial tells you how to get the Cloudflare origin certificates and how you can put them in cPanel at GoDaddy.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Too many redirects SSL certificate

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.