Help with Add an A, AAAA, or CNAME record for www so that [site] will resolve

hello. I am new to this and am trying to get it up and running. I am using Hostinger, namecheap for domain. When I try to set it up, I am getting this error message:

Add an A, AAAA, or CNAME record for www so that [site] will resolve.

I tried adding the ip address with an A record, but may be doing it wrong. I tried going back to the original hosting nameservers to get my site back, but no luck there either. I’d love to use cloudflare, but need my site up and running more than anything else. I see this was a similar question, but the answer was a link and did not really tell me what to do. Any help at this point is appreciated as my site is now down.

Thank you.

Your DNS records here need to be an exact copy of the DNS records at your host. The warning is because you didn’t copy over the ‘www’ record that your host has.

1 Like

Thank you Mr. Cloudflare MVP for the insight. I also encountered this error today after I asked my domain host to update the DNS values to enable Cloudflare DNSSEC. I did not touch any DNS settings myself in cloudflare or in my domain host’s control panel.

So now 12h later I can no longer resolve the DNS to my site = access the site, cloudflare DNS setting says DNSSEC enabled but in the same time

Add an A, AAAA, or CNAME record for www so that xxxxx* will resolve.

Add an A, AAAA, or CNAME record for your root domain so that *xxxx will resolve.

Add an MX record for your root domain so that mail can reach @ xxxx addresses.

Can you one more time to explain me in layman’s terms what do I need to do to fix and what did I do wrong or what is my domain host’s side which perhaps had a typo during configuration?

I already compared row by row to my other cloudflare site that has the same domain hoster as this problematic case. When I added the missing rows with the same IP address, it did not resolve the issue.

Thank you advance!