Help! Website won't load Error 1000

I’ve been getting an error 1000 without www. on my website for some time. Today I tried to follow the steps to connect properly and now I get an error 1000 on both www. and without. Can’t load the website at all.

I switched the record A to match and nothing changed but then everything shut down.

What do I need to do.

To match what exactly?

This error is most commonly caused by one or more DNS records in the Cloudflare dashboard pointing to a Cloudflare IP address. It can also be caused if your DNS record(s) reference another reverse proxy. To resolve this, you should edit your DNS records to point to your origin server’s IP address.

More details in this Community Tutorial:

And the documentation:

That’s what I did but it didn’t change anything, so I returned them to the original. From what I can tell the one that worked www.getyourtrimon dot com was pointing to a Cloudflare IP address but the one that didn’t work (no www.) was pointed to the origin servers IP. How do I find my origin server’s IP address?

Your hosting provider can tell you the correct IP address. You could also look at the historical value of your A record on https://securitytrails.com/ to see if that helps determine the value. If you added, removed and re-added the domain in your same account, you may also be able to consult the audit log to see this A record value when you first added the site, https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/audit-log

Sorry, but a lot of that just isn’t making sense.
If I searched the domain IP from my computer would that be correct?
I did have a red banner along the bottom of my dashboard with some API information but I couldn’t get any information from it.

When I performed the ping command it gave me the same IP as the one listed under my www. A record in the dashboard. So then I changed the record A without www. to match and it still didn’t work. I switched it all back to how it was originally and it shut everything down.

Cloudflare acts as a proxy. It sits between a visitor and your origin server hosting content. When a user goes to visit /they/ get a Cloudflare IP so that Cloudflare can perform security and performance operations. The request then needs to be forwarded to the server where tyour content is hosted. That IP address or hostname comes from the provider who is storing your content. It is an IP address of their server. Pointing to a Cloudflare IP instead simply creates a redirect loop with no chance to hit the actual origin server.

You can check your logs to see what it was previously if it was working. As for what it needs to be for www, that too needs to point to an origin designed to accept requests for it or be forwarded to your root domain.

But you need to fix the one that /was/ working by pointing it to the original value first.

2 Likes

Thank you for a much better explanation. Took me awhile just to figure out everything you nicely explained above.

So I did all of those things. I returned everything to how it was in the beginning but the www. website is still giving me an error 1000.

Does API key have anything to do with this?
Should I delete and reinstall record A?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.