Help w/Your plan includes a shared Cloudflare Universal SSL certificate

It may be from my previous host, for which CF keeps sending me “discovery” emails but they are no longer my host as they closed down this year … perhaps bytehost is who they sold their domain name to? CF has been sending me periodic emails for subdomains I had on that host but no longer have on the new host. Here’s an example of past host that CF has discovered yet I have not been with NetworkRedux since they closed in Dec 2020.

Hi,

Cloudflare has observed issuance of the following certificate for dwdc.net or one of its subdomains:

Log date: 2021-04-15 20:43:19 UTC
Issuer: CN=R3,O=Let’s Encrypt,C=US
Validity: 2021-04-15 19:43:19 UTC - 2021-07-14 19:43:19 UTC
DNS Names: xxxxxx.dwdc.net
(xxxx’s used to replace subdomain since it no longer exists)

It’s possible that cert is being created by Cloudflare for your domain. Is that subdomain listed in your DNS records here?

No subdomains are listed with CF atm because I can’t seem to get fully on it. I’m looking at Host.io to try to figure out which (registrar or old host or new host) is using Byethost but it’s all Greek to me. If Byethost is linked to my registrar DirectNic that still doesn’t help as I only have InfinityFree DNS and nothing from CF that I can find.

I was looking around in my CF account and found another DNS tab, here’s what is says …

And yes, that link just redirects to other pages. No help there either.

Two more screenshots from my current host, one is showing that I am using the CF feature (as seen from cpanel link) and the other shows CF (plus two from infinityfree not shown) in the CNAME section of my host (cpanel) …

That would explain why DNS says you’re using a partner setup.

So am I suppose to delete the CNAME for CF? That still doesn’t help with the DNSs since I don’t have CF DNS, which is why I’m using IFs DNS atm. The screenshots above are why I thought I was on CF. Confusing ;o/

Bytehost and Infinityfree Belong together. Thats the Reason its Showing Up as Byethost. Infintiyfree is a Rebrand from the Byethost Free Package which in itself is only a Ad for their Mother Company IFastNet. So its normal that it shows up as Byethost

1 Like

So am I suppose to delete the CNAME for CF? That still doesn’t help with the DNSs since I don’t have CF DNS, which is why I’m using IFs DNS atm. The screenshots above are why I thought I was on CF. Confusing ;o/

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.