Help Setting Up Cloudflare Redirects for wishomebuyers.com (Instapage Integration)

Summary:

I’m trying to set up a 301 redirect so that users who type “wishomebuyers.com” without the “www” are automatically forwarded to the website hosted at “https://www.wishomebuyers.com”. However, I’m unsure about the process and how it might affect my existing website on Instapage.

Current Situation:

• My domain name is wishomebuyers.com.
  • My website is built with Instapage and uses a CNAME record pointing to Instapage servers.
  • I’m currently using Hostinger as my domain registrar.

Issue:

• I’m unable to set up a 301 redirect using Hostinger’s forwarding service because it doesn’t allow forwarding a naked domain to a subdomain.
  • I’m considering using Cloudflare for the redirection, but I’m concerned about the following:
    • Updating all DNS records on Hostinger and transferring them to Cloudflare.
    • Potential disruption or downtime for my website on Instapage during the transfer or configuration process.

Desired Outcome:

• Set up a 301 redirect on Cloudflare to ensure users accessing “wishomebuyers” are automatically forwarded to the www link.
  • Maintain seamless operation of my website on Instapage throughout the process.

Questions:

• Can I achieve the desired redirection using Cloudflare without disrupting my website on Instapage?
  • What steps are involved in transferring my DNS records from Hostinger to Cloudflare?
  • Will there be any downtime for my website during the transfer or configuration process?
  • What is this PNU (Update), will I need to wait on this to be approved before I can start making changes?

Hi, to answer your questions.

• Can I achieve the desired redirection using Cloudflare without disrupting my website on Instapage? Yes you can absolutely do this, you can transfer the domain with no down time, as long as the right configurations in Cloudflare are made, the change is totally transparent in my experience.

• What steps are involved in transferring my DNS records from Hostinger to Cloudflare? Ill leave the official guide in this link that has the steps to transfer the domain (Change your nameservers (Full setup) · Cloudflare DNS docs)

• Will there be any downtime for my website during the transfer or configuration process? There shouldn’t be as long as you do the right setup beforehand

• What is this PNU (Update), will I need to wait on this to be approved before I can start making changes? as for this question I’m not really sure what the question is, could you clarify it?

Screenshot 2024-04-16 111124

Regarding the Pending Nameserver Update (PNU):

I received a message about a PNU (Pending Nameserver Update) for my domain. Sorry I had to abbreviate it in the previous post due to limiting me to only 4 links per post.

If I transfer the DNS records correctly using the link you sent, will I be able to set up a 301 redirect using Cloudflare’s features?

Specifically, I want users who type “wishomebuyers.com” without the “www” to be automatically forwarded to the website hosted at “https://www.wishomebuyers.com”.

I was unable to do this with Hostinger because it does not allow forwarding a naked domain to a subdomain. Just want to make sure this is possible with Cloudflare before I make all of the DNS changes.

Oh now i got it in terms of the nameserver update it generally can take up to 5-10 minutes to see the changes with some exceptions, and 24 hours to fully propagate.

In terms of your request:

Yes you should be able to, I just did the trial myself to redirect the Apex domain to the subdomain “www.example.com

you would need to deploy a Page Rule (Free plan includes 3) similar to this one. During trial on my environment it worked seamlessly

Hope this helps

Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.