Help setting Google Search

Hello,

Somehow the TXT record for Google Vérification went off, and I can’t put it back…

Here is what I do : in the name field, I set @ followed by my domain name, wich makes : @mydomain.com.

However, when I save it, the @ is missing :

As a result, I can’t verify the domain’s property, on wich I have 5 months of datas to recover.

Any tip anyone ? Many Thanks in advanced :pray:.

@ is just short from “the domain”, so what shows in the dashboard is correct and it resolves ok…

dig +short montres-intelligentes.com txt
"google-site-verification=d8Ss-GRxFu-aLjZRhSKDQ8-T9c4zELknbGDK4jd3Mwo"
"v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:162.0.217.45 include:spf.web-hosting.com ~all"
"v=spf1 include:mailgun.org ~all"
2 Likes

Hey there @fabienbelleinguer

As @sjr provided, it looks like you’re entering the “@” symbol incorrectly. In a DNS record, the “@” symbol is a placeholder for your domain name. You can enter either @ or your root domain name for the resolution for your root domain.

And also as provided, this is resolving as what appears to be expected.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this :slight_smile:

Thanks @sjr and @Joeito , but GSC doesn’t find the TXT record :

I might have done something wrong, but what :no_mouth: ?

When checking on the record, this is remaining public.

dig +short montres-intelligentes.com txt                                  ─╯
"google-site-verification=d8Ss-GRxFu-aLjZRhSKDQ8-T9c4zELknbGDK4jd3Mwo"
"v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:162.0.217.45 include:spf.web-hosting.com ~all"
"v=spf1 include:mailgun.org ~all"

Can we have you check that there is no mistake in the TXT content? On top of this, the SPF TXT records returned shouldn’t impact the validity for verification purposes.

You may need to check if there may be something else impacting verification from GSC’s side

Thanks @Joeito. I have tripple checked the TXT code, indeed I entered the correct values.

However, there is already a property associated with the domain I am working on. This may explain why the record is public.

Yet, the property in red is registered, but it contains new datas.

The property in green is not recorded, this is the one I recorded a few months ago, and then it went off. This property in green contains 6 months of datas that I am trying to recover.

Do you think I should delete the propety I don’t want (in red), in order to allow the property I want (in green) to be recorded ?

Thanks in advanced.

I would not do that. Are you being asked to enter a different code thay the one you currently have? Of
you are, you can add more than one Google verification TXT record.

I would also consider asking the Google Search Central Community if you haven’t yet.

I notice that you have two SPF records. Only one is permissable. Neither will work as long as both exist. You will need to merge those if you want a functional SPF. You can use this to check your SPF:

Thanks @epic.network

I have taken off one SPF records. I will follow your advise, I will open a ticket on GSC Community to solve this mistery :slight_smile: and I will come back here to share the solutions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.