Help Needed: Setting Up Email Sending/Receiving for Custom Domain on Cloudflare & iPhone Configuration

Hello Cloudflare Community,

I’m reaching out for some assistance regarding my recently purchased domain through Cloudflare. I’ve successfully set up DNS following the provided instructions and am able to receive emails correctly. However, I’ve encountered a challenge: when I respond to emails, they are not being sent from my custom domain.

Here are my two primary concerns:

1. Sending Emails from Custom Domain: Although I can receive emails, I’m unable to send them from my custom domain. Is there a specific configuration or setting that I need to adjust in Cloudflare to enable this functionality? If anyone has step-by-step instructions or can point me to a relevant guide, it would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Setting Up Email on iPhone: I also need guidance on configuring my custom domain email on my iPhone. I want to use it like a normal email (similar to how one would set up a Gmail or Outlook account on their phone). Can someone provide detailed instructions or a link to a tutorial on how to integrate my custom domain email with my iPhone’s mail app?

Additional Information:

• Domain purchased and DNS set up through Cloudflare.
  • Receiving emails works fine, but sending does not reflect my custom domain.
  • Looking for a user-friendly way to manage this email on my iPhone.

I’m relatively new to managing custom domains and email setups, so any advice, tips, or resources that can make this process smoother would be highly beneficial. I’m sure others in the community might have faced similar issues, so your shared experiences could be invaluable.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Make sure any DNS records relating to email (usually mail, smtp, imap, pop, pop3, etc) are set to “DNS only” and not proxied.

Otherwise, what is the domain name?

Hi, proxy status is DNS for all. how can I set it up to receive and send emails from my iPhone? is it possible?

To send emails from your custom domain, you need to use an external email service provider since Cloudflare does not offer outbound email services. Configure the SMTP settings provided by your email host in your email client. Details on setting up your iPhone will also neeed to be obtained from your email service provider, not Cloudflare.

I would like to do the same thing although i also need help setting it up with gmail and outlook.

Hi, let me know if you figure it out.

You need to talk to you email provider, which is not Cloudflare. Ask them how to send email from their platform using your domain.

Hi, I can see my DNS settings, but not my IMAP/SMTP settings. Where can I find this?

Only your email provider will know this.