HELP: I cannot reach my website anymore

Hello,

I just changed the NS records on my hosting and now I cannot reach my website anymore:

www.deschagenaar.nl

when running CMD:

nslookup -type=ns deschagenaar.nl
Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.178.1

Non-authoritative answer:
deschagenaar.nl nameserver = lily.ns.cloudflare.com
deschagenaar.nl nameserver = coleman.ns.cloudflare.com

I’m completely lost on what to do - how do I get my website back?

1 Like

I’m getting a 404 error for your site.

Was it working with HTTPS before you added it to Cloudflare?

1 Like

Yes, it was

Try one of the following (they do the same thing):

1. In the Overview section of the dashboard, click “Pause Cloudflare on Site” in the lower right corner.
  2. In the DNS section of the dashboard, set your DNS records to :grey:.

Either of those will bypass Cloudflare so browser connections will go straight to your server. It takes five minutes for either to take effect.

Thanks. Do I leave the NS records in my hosting to cloudfare?

Also, is it correct that, once the name server change was effective, all settings like A-records and AAA-record became inactive on my own webhost? See attached (niet actief = not active)

That top picture doesn’t look like Cloudflare DNS. If that’s your hosting DNS, you won’t use that anymore. You’ve already set the Cloudflare name servers, and that’s enough for that.

Okay so it doesn’t matter that I cannot change my A-record and stuff anymore on my hosting DNS, as long as it’s registered in Cloudfare?

Also… five minutes passed but still cannot reach my website :frowning:

I can confirm that your website still doesn’t work. If that IP address is correct, then something is wrong with your server. Ask your web host for help.

Ok. WIll switch back the NS records on my host end to theirs and hope it fixes stuff

1 Like

Hi @gaston,

Just to add to what @sdayman has said, I notice Strato referenced in one of your DNS records, are you on one of their hosting packages? If so, this may be the issue:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.