Is the error page Cloudflare branded?
Also please set your nginx log leel to ‘debug’ and check it.
error_log /var/logs/nginx/example.com.error.log debug;
503 is shown under the following circumstances
- 503 is returned by yoir origin, likely misconfigured nginx
- Under Attack mode is active
- Always online was triggered.
A Cloudflare branded 503 means you are hitting a connection limit in a Cloudflare datacenter. Please contact Cloudflare support with the following information:
- Your domain
- The output of example.com/cdn-cgi/trace from your browser (replace example.com with your actual site).
- If you are seeing a traffic surge or attack against your site, please let us know if you are seeing this in your logs.