Help! CNAME not propagating

Would love some help as to why this CNAME is not propagating.

We are using this service scribe-mail.com and one of their features are to allow us to add a CName to avoid mail services being blocked.

they suggest adding a CNAME as above, which should connect to the service. However when you run a check here DNS Checker - DNS Check Propagation Tool it will not resolve.

Can anyone help me or suggest what is going wrong here?

I do not understand why a subdomain email-signature.plantbasednews.org would resolve, if we have not added it as an A record.

help!

You may need to wait up to 72 hours before CNAME changes fully propagate! How long has it been since you have began propagating your CNAME records

1 Like

This is the instructions on their page.

So I had done exactly the same changes in the past and it still did not work. If I try to check any of my other CNAME additions in my cloudclare zone file. It still does not resolve.

DNS Checker - DNS Check Propagation Tool so if I use this on any of my other CNAMES, old ones, none of them resolve.

Please answer the following questions to help me troubleshoot your issue!

Are you nameservers pointing towards Cloudflare?

Is your domain status “Active”?

Are your DNS records correct (you must have at least 1 AAA record and 1 CNAME record, all other records are optional)

Has your domain been suspended for abuse or terms of service (TOS) violation?

Again please try to answer these questions so I can help! If I have more questions, I’ll edit this post!

It resolves as an “A” record. I bet you have CNAME flattening enabled for the entire domain. Try setting it to Root Only. This is in the DNS tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com

1 Like

Thanks for this, it seems the setting is greyed out on my dashboard. Can you suggest why this may be the case?

Thank you sir for you help.

Are you nameservers pointing towards Cloudflare? YES

Is your domain status “Active”? yes

Are your DNS records correct (you must have at least 1 AAA record and 1 CNAME record, all other records are optional) yes all correct

Has your domain been suspended for abuse or terms of service (TOS) violation? no, the domain is fully functional

Again please try to answer these questions so I can help! If I have more questions, I’ll edit this post!

Were you ever on a paid plan for that domain? Sometimes if it was set during a paid plan, then you downgrade, it’s stuck until Support turns that feature off.

Has it been less than 72 hours since your CNAME records were propagated?

Thank you. This was the solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.