Having problems with email after transferring domain from Godady to Cludflare

I have just recently moved my domain registration from Godaddy to Cloudflare. Also recently, I have been having problems with emails being properly handled. In some cases my emails do not go through. Other times they are returned. Similarly a growing number of emails sent to me do not arrive.

Doing a little investigation, I uncovered that some of the email settings at my hosting service, HostGator are not properly configured. Some, maybe all of this could have something to do with changes that I was instructed to do to the DNS records at Cloudflare in preparation for the transfer.

I have a couple of screen shots from the deliverability section of C-panel for my account at HostGator but I do not see a way to attach them to this post. Basically the images show that problems exist with DKIM and SPF my domain as it is configured on Hostgator. The problem appears to be that a DKIM record does not exist on Hostgator.

Before transferring the domain to Cloudflare, I was instructed to set some settings in DNS to “Proxied” which was a change from the settings in place before requesting the registration change. Unfortunately, I did not keep a record of what I changed.

Can you advise me how I can fix these issues. Is the problem with my settings at Cloudflare, HostGator or both?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

HostGator should be able to provide you with the necessary information for your DNS records here.

Whatever they are, those records should be set to :grey: DNS Only, as Cloudflare does not proxy email connections. If you’re unsure of which records need to be :grey: DNS Only, please post a screenshot of your DNS records with the IP addresses blacked out.

I do not see a way to post a screenshot

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.