Have an SSL CERT - place here in my txt record?

ssl

Hi Folks
(sorry - newbie question here)
I have a free SSL Cert from my hosting company. I’ve been told to deploy the by SSL details in the TXT records of cloudflare.
It looks obvious but before I balls things up, do I simply paste it here? (marked orange) and leave the otherone for my gsuite/google email to remain working.

Huge TIA

You don’t need that. Cloudflare already offers free SSL which you can use without the hassles of using the free SSL of your host.

Thanks!

I just spotted this - would I click here to order it too or is more calling the number on the page link.

(I have a free account FYI)

It is free and takes 24 hrs to activate. Order it there.

Hi @dean3, check out this article on certificates, https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170516-How-do-I-add-SSL-to-my-site-. The net, once your site is active, if we don’t detect SSL in place, we order a free Universal SSL certificate, that takes ~24 hours after the site is active. The Order SSL certificate link you showed leads to a popup with these options:

• Free Universal SSL - Free - protects example.com and *.example.com
  • Dedicated SSL Certificate - $5 / month - protects example.com and *.example.com
  • Dedicated SSL Certificate with Custom Hostnames Dedicated to your domain- $10 / month - protects example.com and *.example.com, and up to 50 more hostnames or wildcards of your choosing

You don’t need to take any action, once the cert is in place, the message on the Crypto tab that reads “It may take up to 24 hours after the site becomes active on Cloudflare for new certificates to issue” will change to " Universal SSL Status Active Certificate"

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.