have a new domain host. where do i update the IP address that my site now needs to point to?
To update the IP address that your site points to, you need to edit your DNS records in Cloudflare:
- Log into your Cloudflare dashboard.
- Select the appropriate domain.
- Navigate to the ‘DNS’ tab.
- You’ll see a list of DNS records for your domain. Find the ‘A’ record that points to your old host’s IP address.
- Click the ‘Edit’ button next to this record.
- Replace the old IP address with the new one provided by your new host.
- Click ‘Save’ to apply changes.
- If there is an AAAA record, repeat the above with your new host’s IPv6 address. If there isn’t, and/or you don’t have an IPv6 address, that’s fine, you’re done.
thank you so much for the information. there are 5 rows with an A. the IP addresses there are 66.96… then they vary a bit. I was provided with 1 IP address from the new host. Am I replacing ALL of those A records with the same new IP (all the same with no variations in the numbers)? just not understanding why the current IP addresses have several different variations, but I’m replacing them with a single new IP address. please advise…thank you!!
It really depends what those records are. For the root domain itself, and maybe a
www record, yes, but if the others are for email or something then only your host can tell you what they should be set to.
thanks for your help. yes, the new host gave me the correct entries
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.