Hello Cloudflare Community,
I’ve been a huge fan of 220.127.116.11 as my primary DNS server. Unfortunately, as of 2 days ago, I no longer can access it or the backup server as a means of upstream DNS for my private home network.
Some background info:
- ISP: Xfinity/Comcast
- WAN IP: Static since moving in (June 2018)
- I host NGINX/Reverse Proxy & am careful regarding open ports
- Work from home and benefit immensely from 18.104.22.168’s speed
- Work = involves a TON of google searches
- Around 1-2 month ago, I started receiving Captcha’s on a regular basis on various shopping sites
- Within the last few weeks, it escalated to receiving “Access Restricted” error on several of those same pages
- Captcha escalated and has spread across several other domains, requiring numerous entries to clear it
- 2 Days ago, my entire network spanning over several VLAN’s lost all internet access
- After much testing, s/NAT reinforced 22.214.171.124 & 126.96.36.199 were the root cause
- Pinging both Cloudflare IP’s result in Destination Host Unreachable
- However, when pinging from my parent’s router, connected through a VPN, I immediately get a response.
I’m 95% sure that either Xfinity or Cloudflare is restricting access to my beloved 188.8.131.52 DNS Server.
Before I try and battle it out with Xfinity, can someone confirm or deny that Cloudflare is the root cause? It could save me an immense amount of time.
Thank you so much