Had to remove 1.1.1.1 from my iPhone after updating it to iOS 13.1

Yesterday I updated my iOS on my iPhone 7 to 13.1.

• Initial Symptom: No Internet connection, however Signon to WiFi was successful: Status line shows LTE connection but no WiFi
  • Steps taken to trouble shoot:
    • Multiple Power On/off … no change
    • Forget & re-authenticate to Router … no change
    • Tried WiFi at different location … no change
    • Reset Network Connection on iPhone
  • Noticed in Settings/General that the VPN would ‘Blink on then off’ occasionally
    As I had been using 1.1.1.1 and very happy with its performance for some time, I made sure it was turned off … still no change
  • Removed the 1.1.1.1 App (It did not show as enabled) and immediately the WiFi Connection was established

Any additional information needed, or that I could gather, please let me know
Thanks in advance
Ben

3 Likes

I had exact same experience - same symptoms and fix.

1 Like

Just had to do the same thing. I did download and reinstall and seem to be fine now.

Had the exact same problem. Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but still wouldn’t work. Any fixes would be amazing

1 Like

I did reset my Network Settings just prior to uninstall/reinstall. Might try that.

Sane here. I went to Settings > VPN and watched it constantly connecting/disconnecting every second. Really weird. Had to uninstall.

1 Like

Same issue and solution. Really hope it can get addressed quickly.

1 Like

Thanks folks, I’ve let the team know about the issues and I’m following this thread & will update as I hear more. Sorry for the trouble.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
I have the same problem with my iphone 6s after update to ios 13.1
It’s take me whole day trying to fix, but found no good solution. I almost start to downgrade back to 12.4.1.
Finally, I remove the 1.1.1.1, everything is fine, Wifi works, Cellular works
Then I reinstall 1.1.1.1, everything now still works both Wifi and Cellular.
So if you have network problem with ios 13.1, just remove then reinstall 1.1.1.1, then everything will be ok.

I had same problem. I accessed the app and accepted the privacy policy. It started working after this.

Mine is still not working after uninstalling and reinstalling. Did the network reset and also tried downgrading back to 12.4.1 just to see if it was iOS related, however still not working. Pretty stuck right now

1 Like

Same here. Just had to delete the vpn the reinstall didn’t work

1 Like

Same thing here with iphone 7. Drove me crazy all morning until I finally figured it out. Re-installed and it seems to work. Plus…it is now also WARP? I looked a a couple weeks ago and my number was huge. Did something happen and it is now up and running?

1 Like

Yes, sorry about the delay. WARP was introduced earlier this week and everyone will be updated. This blog explains the details, https://blog.cloudflare.com/announcing-warp-plus/. Basically, we pulled folks in based on location and network, turns out each impacted the product. Deeper details here, https://blog.cloudflare.com/warp-technical-challenges/.

1 Like

Well then that’s good news. Minor inconvenience on my end if the upshot is because WARP now available.

1 Like

I had the same issue with the VPN toggle erratically moving back and forth in Settings. I just had to go to the 1.1.1.1 app and disable the connection from there and turn off VPN in settings. I didn’t need to delete the app or reset any network settings.

1 Like

@cloonan
Thanks for the acknowledgment of the problem that many of us experienced. Not sure that it makes sense for your update to be marked ‘Solution’ … perhaps you could wait and see what the outcome of the engineering involvement

2 Likes

Rather than uninstalling the app, you can do the following:

1. Open the 1.1.1.1 app on iOS/iPadOS
  2. Click the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) on the top right
  3. Choose ‘More Settings’ at the bottom of the page
  4. Choose ‘Connection Options’
  5. Toggle on ‘Disable for cellular Networks’
  6. Toggle on ‘Disable for Wi-Fi Networks’

Your connection to WiFi etc. should immediately start working as before. You’re done. Oh…

1. Wait for CloudFlare to issue a fix
1 Like

Resolved :smiley:

Do this: remove VPN profile in iOS settings app. Then go into 1.1.1.1 app and click menu. Then more. Then connection options. Then reset all. Close and relaunch app. I didn’t enable WARP. Installed profile and was good to go.

2 Likes

On Wednesday (Sept 25), my Internet connection stopped working when I was out on cellular. I had iOS installed since Sept 19. Once I turned of 1.1.1.1 my Internet was OK. Not sure why it work for 6 days and then stopped. I updated the App and turned on Warp and has the same continuous connect/disconnect problems like most other here.

On my iPad, it had been running OK up until last night. I got iPadOS when it came out and my iPad was OK until last night, Sept 27. I recognized the problem and disabled 1.1.1.1 and then my iPad could connect OK. My iPad was only on Wi-Fi.

So, @cloonan, I read what yo posted above. I don’t see any acknowledgement of this particular problem or if there is a fix or if a fix is coming. I just read about the process of getting the programming done up to this point, which I can appreciate.

I just tried turning on Warp and also tried just the 1.1.1.1 setting and neither solutions work.

What is the process now? I also submitted feedback from the App. Do we just wait. Will we be informed? Do we need to check back? Do we need to try turning on Warp every so often? Are only a very small group of people being infected? Do you need any diagnostics from us?

1 Like