GTmetrix performance score of my website has worsened after enabling CloudFlare CDN

Hello.
I have enabled Cloudflare CDN for more than 2 days now and after enabling them, as you can see in the title of this topic, it has worsened the Performance score of my website in GTmetrix, surprisingly!
The Performance score is not even stable.
Sometimes it goes from B to E and sometimes from E to C and it’s totally confusing me because I didn’t have any of these issues before adding my website to Cloudflare.

Here is the URL which you can check it out on GTmetrix yourself (I’ve already tested almost all the Test Server Locations, UK which is the best one for me and others): https://www.matintaherzadeh.ir

I used to get even A scores (94-96% Performance score) before Cloudflare and now getting 44% regularly!
Some people have suggested in other topics to add your URL to CDN Hostnames part down Analysis Options but I’ve also done that and nothing positive happened. Right now, this section is set to cdn.matintaherzadeh.ir

I would appreciate any assistance.

Please log into your GTmetrix account and provide us with the benchmarks that show 94-96%.
We need benchmarks from before and from after activating Cloudflare to debug this.

I can not confirm that this “CDN” subdomain is implemented on your site, but while using Cloudflare that would not result in a performance boost, since it basically just adds an additional DNS entry that needs to be resolved.

I just tested and your site scored 71%, which is far from the 44%: Latest Performance Report for: https://www.matintaherzadeh.ir/ | GTmetrix

Please log into your GTmetrix account and provide us with the benchmarks that show 94-96%.
We need benchmarks from before and from after activating Cloudflare to debug this.
Hi, Martin.
Thanks for reaching out.

Please check out the link below: (By the way, it didn’t allow me to share links here so I had to put in another format except being a link. Sorry for that)
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/matintaherzadeh.ir/RUJ960KS/

This is the link of my latest GTmetrix score after disabling Cloudflare for the specified Domain name.
You can see that the only option which is audited with “Med-Low” is using a CDN.
It’s not 94-96% but you can see the difference and my Performance score was somewhere around this number before adding my domain name to Cloudflare.
You can test it out a couple of times if needed to see better scores but I think this 88% is enough to show the difference before and after Cloudflare.

I really appreciate any help and the sharing the possible reasons behind it with me and its solutions. Thanks.

And also this is the second reply @M4rt1n

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/matintaherzadeh.ir/SFzSmsIO/

Please check this one out.
I think it says it all.

First, your site is available through www.matintaherzadeh.ir and matintaherzadeh.ir. Please make it available for one of these DNS entries and redirect the other to the one you chose.

88 down to 71 measured by me is definitely worse than before, especially since the values are kind of stable.

I compared them again and noticed that, when served through Cloudflare, critical CSS files do have the status “bypass”. Please make Cloudflare cache them with a PageRule or by configuring your server properly, so Cloudflare automatically will cache them, since .css is normally will be cached by Cloudflare if not defined otherwise.

It just states how it performs without Cloudflare. Please turn it on again and provide a benchmark. Please run the benchmark at least 2-3 times since Cloudflare’s Cache needs to be warmed up. So your benchmark with 44% is still missing.

P.S.: don’t delete posts, otherwise it’s hard to keep track of everything.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.