.Gov NameServers

Good afternoon,

We are requesting a .Gov domain for our municipality and part of the request is to provide our nameservers. I’ve provided our existing nameservers and got a message back that DNS validation failed. I see there is a similar topic to this question but I don’t know that the answer provided helps with my issue. I’ve attempted to add our requested .gov domain into Cloudflare where our other domain resides but I get an error message that our domain isn’t registered. Is there a specific method I need to follow as I can’t get the .gov domain without providing our nameservers.

Thanks for any assistance.

The suggestion for the other topic was to first ensure the domain has a valid NS (with your registrar or third party) that points to your server then add to Cloudflare. If this is not possible then contact support as they could add it manually but this process seems to not be the standard.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply, I’ve submitted a support request and will await their response.

Hi @rhippler,

Could you provide the ticket number and I can check on the status of your request?

Ticket number 2198037. Thanks for any assistance!

Hi @rhippler,
I’ve escalated this post and your ticket for the attention of the Customer Support Team.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Hi @rhippler, I have updated the ticket. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

1 Like

Hi SarahA,

Somehow I’ve managed to delete the apopka.gov zone from our account. I don’t know how I did it but I received an email indicating that “If it was deleted in error then it could be re-added to reinstate the existing configuration of the zone”. Is this something you can assist with?

Thanks

Hi @rhippler sorry for the issues you’re facing. Are you able to try adding the zone again? If you see any errors when you do this, please share a screenshot with us ticket 2198037. This will help us investigate this further.

1 Like

Hi SarahA,

When I attempt to add Apopka.gov I get the attached message of “apopka.gov is not a registered domain”. I’m stuck in a loop as I need to provide our name servers to our registrar in order to get the domain registered. I saw that you had the Apopka.gov added to our account but when I clicked on it, I somehow managed to delete it but I don’t know how I did that? Let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks,

Rob

Is there anyone that is able to assist with adding our apopka.gov into our Cloudflare account?

Is there someone who can assist with getting our apopka.gov added to our CloudFlare account?

Thanks

I’ve bumped up the escalation on this, are you unable to address it in the ticket you have open?

1 Like

I haven’t heard back from anyone in over a week. The domain was added by Sarah about a week ago and when I clicked on the domain in our CloudFlare account I somehow deleted it. I’m unable to add it back as it isn’t a registered domain as of yet.

Thanks

Thanks for clarifying, did you reply back to the ticket and is it open at the moment?

Hi @rhippler the domain is now added to your account. The next step is to complete the setup for the domain. Do let us know if you have further question on the ticket and we will be happy to assist.

I have replied back to the ticket a few times, awaiting a response.

Thanks

Are we referring to the same ticket #2198037 or is there another ticket as I am yet to see any response on the referenced ticket.

1 Like

This is the same ticket. I see that the domain has been added to our account, thanks for your assistance.

2 Likes