.Gov nameservers for cloudflare

I presume so, register with them and follow their process. Never used them.

1 Like

Just as a note on this one - I believe the .gov TLD can put you into a catch-22 situation where you cannot add nameservers at the registrar until those nameservers are actually already responding for your domain.

In Cloudflare’s case, we won’t let you add the domain if we can’t detect that it has working nameservers. So unless your registrar or someone else provides working NS for the domain, you can’t add the domain to your Cloudflare account - you will get a message like example.gov is not a registered domain.

We can override this on a case by case basis but it’s manual work today. @kmontgomery are you still stuck here? Let me know and we’ll open a ticket for you internally to get you unstuck.

7 Likes

Hi Simon, We’re having the exact same issue regarding our .GOV domain. The registrar mentioned that this is a known issue and that Cloudflare needs to do a manual add for .gov domains. It is: EASTWASHINGTONPA.GOV

Can you assist us as well? Thanks! Kris

Please open a ticket and post the # here.

Thanks! I did. It’s #2192305

1 Like

@ew1, I’ve escalated this post and your ticket for the attention of the Customer Support Team.

2 Likes

@ew1 this is all sorted for you now.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.