Google Vitals still low

Hello, I set up Cloudflare on my domain and configured the WordPress plugin but my score is still low and I see these warnings in Google web vitals:

Eliminate render-blocking resources
Remove unused CSS
Remove unused JavaScript
Efficiently encode images
Serve images in next-gen formats
Reduce initial server response time

www.k6digital.com

Do I need to configure something else to raise the score?

Thanks

Most of these things does not have anything to do with CloudFlare, I also dont understand why people think that CloudFlare would/could solve these issues.

Yes CloudFlare applies automatically good compression (not best but very strong one) and optimizes a few things, but these WebVital Core stats are mostly related to frontend optimization and template optimization. Therefore CloudFlare will not be a big help for such things.

What they do is:
they speed up your site-delivery in a way they do not alter anything, and therefore they will not change anything that will actually do anything what is required and listed above.

Beside these two ones:

• Efficiently encode images
  • Serve images in next-gen formats

as CloudFlare in Pro-Plan is offering WEBP support on the fly.
As you mentioned WordPress… I assume you are not having a custom theme and a developer which can rewirte the whole thing to match Googles WebVital requirements?

The Theme “TheGem” and any other “Elementor” Themes are not very well knows for beeing good optimized. But WordPress themes anyway are in first place made to match as many usecases as possble, so they aim to be multifunctional and not optimized.

1. Eliminate render-blocking resources
  2. Remove unused CSS
  3. Remove unused JavaScript
  4. Efficiently encode images
  5. Serve images in next-gen formats
  6. Reduce initial server response time

I will list how you can solve this

1. CloudFlare can not help here too much, but RocketLoader can at least improve it a bit
  2. general WordPress problem (unoptimized and overloaded)
  3. general WordPress problem (unoptimized and overloaded)
  4. CloudFlare Pro Plan can automatically solve that!
  5. CloudFlare Pro Plan can automatically solve that!
  6. Good Caching Plugin or CloudFlare Cache Everything with autopurge

So CloudFlare can indeed help you with 3 of your 6 Problems, but the other 3 should be solved on Application level, which CloudFlare can not do, therefore CLoudFlare can not offer you a solution, but a product and an improvement.

Rocket-Loader might slightly improve the 1. problem as it sometimes can defer scripts and therefore reduce (but mostly never eliminate) renderblocking.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.