Google Translate App

I was using Gtranslate and it worked just fine. But I had to have a cname record for each language so it would also go trough Gtranslate servers it cost $30/mo for something that is technically free from Google which should have told me something but that is another story. Then I found the Completely free Cloudflare Google translate app. It seems to work just fine as well. SO my question is do I have to add all the cname’s in cloudflare DNS? How do I add my google analytics code so Google and I can keep track of the all the translated pageviews? Or please check it out for yourself at InternetTop40.com Any help or advice with this is Greatly appreciated.

If it’s what I think, you get a CNAME for each translation, like es.internettop40.com, etc. You’ll have to add those CNAMEs here. I don’t know if it will work set to :orange: or if :grey: will work. Start with :grey: just to make sure it works. Hopefully they’ll include SSL for that hostname. If it looks great with https when set to :grey:, switch it to :orange: and wait five minutes to see if it still works. If not, then back to :grey:.

As for Google Analytics, I guess it depends on them. GA is Javascript that runs in the browser. My pessimistic view is that either:

1. They’ll completely filter it out so it doesn’t run in the visitor browser and you get nothing, or
  2. They’ll act as an intermediary and respond to GA for your visitor.

My optimistic view is that it’s Google and they’ll play nice between your analytics and your site, regardless of translation.