I clicked “Done” it asked for me to add some TXT records in…
I have had to add another few TXT records into the DNS settings from google.
This worked with no issue.
I have followed the instructions in the above for Cloudflare, Here is the setup:
It is set as Proxied (Not sure if this needs to be set to DNS only) However I have tried it the 2 ways about 4-5 days apart & still nothing…
For reference, SSL Overview Settings are set to Full
I would appreciate any help, that you can offer I have gone through the other posts & by googling how to get this & researching it but I seem to be missing something that I can not get… I would truly appreciate the help to get this set…
Ok here is the solution to this I will make it as detailed so others won’t get lost also…
The URL is now up & running!
The DNS settings need to have the following…
Added in as DNS only it can NOT be Proxy'ed to Cloudflare (Not sure why this fails but it did)
The TTL needs to be set to 1 hour (Per Google Support) for that CNAME record.
Type is: CNAME, Namewww, Contentghs.googlehosted.com, Proxy StatusDNS Only, TTL1 Hour
You will also need to add in the TXT records that Google Sites provides you to (verify the ownership of the domain) This is a simple “Add a few TXT record to the DNS settings” save & come back to google sites to verify… (I did not have any issues with this at all)
When a CNAME is proxied, Cloudflare publishes it as A and AAAA records using Cloudflare IPs. This means that any queries for a CNAME record type using that name will fail. When set to DNS Only, the name is published as CNAME.