Google Search Console Sitemap Couldn't Fetch

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name?

Have you searched for an answer?
yes

Please share your search results url:
https://community.cloudflare.com/search?q=sitemap%20blocked

When you tested your domain, what were the results?
I can view the sitemap just fine

Describe the issue you are having:
I’m unable to submit my sitemap https://www.physicsforums.com/sitemap-34.xml to Google Search console as it’s reportedly being blocked by Cloudflare. I don’t have any rules blocks and in fact added one that disable security but still I get errors…

What error message or number are you receiving?

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

1. reduced sitemap urls to 20k
  2. added CF rule to disable security for sitemap files

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?

What are the steps to reproduce the error:

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?

Please attach a screenshot of the error:

Hi,

A first step would be to identify which Cloudflare service is blocking or challenging Googlebot.

1. Visit GSC and perform the action that would normally result in a request being challenged or blocked.
  2. Wait a couple of minutes
  3. Go to Dashboard > Security > Events. If the request was in fact blocked by Cloudflare, you should find an event related to that challenge action. Check the “Service” that challenged it.
  4. If this was
    a) Bot Fight Mode, disable this feature.
    b) Super Block Fight Mode, create a WAF Custom Rule to Skip it when requests come from Known Bots.
    c) WAF Managed Rule, you need to create a WAF Exception for that rule. See: Add a WAF exception in the dashboard · Cloudflare Web Application Firewall (WAF) docs
    d) WAF Custom Rule, you need to edit it accordingly, adding an exception to Known Bots.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.