I suddenly have an issue that’s tough to explain, so I will break it out in point form to keep it simple…
- Hosted apps accessed locally by IP… work fine.
- Hosted apps through a Cloudflare tunnel using email/PIN authentication… work fine.
- Hosted apps through a tunnel using Google OAuth authentication… Authentication works and you make it to the app’s native UN & PW screen but then the app’s own UN & PW does not work. Two different apps and both behave as if you an error in UN or PW. However, it’s the same UN/PW that works in the above two examples.
- I’ve tested using my password manager so it is definitively not a UN & PW typo problem.
- One would think that after being authenticated by Google and you reach the hosted application, that how you got there should then be irrelevant but I’ve done many tests and it is consistent.
- I’ve tested from several devices, PC & mobile.
- I have not yet looked at the app’s authentication logs. I’m not sure if there even are any but I’ll investigate, (Paperless NG & Guacamole.)
I would appreciate understanding why my method of tunnel authentication effects the end-user application. Other than perhaps a delay, which doesn’t seem to be the case, it seems like it should be two separate things.
Of course, any advice on how to correct this would be appreciated as well. I prefer to use Google OAuth over email for these two apps because my Google account already uses 2FA so it adds an extra layer of security. Thanks!