Google Gsuite security issues; major

*Hello, would a moderator, community team leader, etc… please email me immediately please. My entire small nonprofit business account has evidently been hacked at Google, who is my current host of all services. I need to know what to do first to get my domain, designingpeople.org, in full gear with all Cloudflare services. I am also taking recommendations on new email/software and web hosts simply because I risk way too much to loose should this happen again. I am also deaf, therefore I also inserting my email here for your private use. I feel like a portion of this might be handled better in a confidential manner. Thanks…

Erik
CEO*

IMG_0109

Hi @erik.ceo,

I’m sorry to hear that, if you want to get your domain set up on Cloudflare you will need to add it to your account here and then change the nameservers at your domain registrar across to point to the servers provided.

Cloudflare generally don’t provide hosting services, and you would still need that for your site. Nor can they really provide that much assistance with your GSuite issue, in general I would recommend making sure you use strong passwords and enabling multi-factor authentication wherever possible.

Note: I, as with most of the people here on the comminity, am not a Cloudflare staff member.

Thank you Dom for your reply. Don’t discount yourself, sometimes “community” people know more than actual staff does. In my case, however, due to the really severe and complex manner in which my domain, email, gsuite, etc… is in at present, I think truly in order to even begin to straighten this out that a member of Cloudfare’s support management is going to have to help me. My current Google Gsuite account is in such a mess now that even I, being what I would consider a Gsuite and Google Domains expert cannot even figure my situation on hand here. Whoever did “whatever” to my account, whether that be by hacking or from Google error, is totally beyond my comprehension at this point.

Therefore sir, can you tell me how to reach Cloudfare Sales and/or Support on an emergency basis. I just need some type of information to gauge approximately when I will reach them. It is nearly 2AM now here in the USA so you’ll have to clue me in here…

And when you say that Cloudfare is not a host of any kind, I am a little confused because you also said to change my email nameservers? Am I getting that straight?

You are also welcome to repost my string here to another community board if you so wish. I just chose your “security” board because this does in fact involve all types/levels of security.

Thanks again sir. I see that you’re in the UK. You must just be getting on with your day now :slight_smile:

Best,

Erik

Erik CEO
DP

domjh MVP '19, '20
August 13

Hi @erik.ceo,

I’m sorry to hear that, if you want to get your domain set up on Cloudflare you will need to add it to your account here and then change the nameservers at your domain registrar across to point to the servers provided.

Cloudflare generally don’t provide hosting services, and you would still need that for your site. Nor can they really provide that much assistance with your GSuite issue, in general I would recommend making sure you use strong passwords and enabling multi-factor authentication wherever possible.

Note: I, as with most of the people here on the comminity, am not a Cloudflare staff member.

In which case, I’m afraid you won’t get too much help on the community. If you contact support, it can take up to a few days at the moment.

If you are interested in the Enterprise plan, you can contact Sales, all the details are at https://www.cloudflare.com/plans/enterprise/contact/.

If it is help on the Google/GSuite side, Cloudflare most likely won’t be able to help you, and you’d be better discussing this with Google.

Sort of, your nameservers aren’t email related, they just say where you can find the authoritative DNS for a domain. Cloudflare sits between your site visitor and the server and adds security & performance benefits. This means they need to be your authoritative DNS provider and, therefore, means you need to change your nameservers.

No problem!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.