Google Cloud Run subdomain DNS

I deploy a number of services to Google Cloud Run. The services typically follow naming with “my-domain” and “www.my-domain” point to the frontend service, and “api.my-domain” point to the api service.

Cloud Run suggests to map “my-domain” to via A and AAAA records to 8 different IPs. That works absolutely fine so long as the records are “DNS only” and I use full SSL/TLS encryption mode.

The problem is with the subdomains. Cloud run suggests to map those via CNAME to “ghs.googlehosted.com.”. Setting that up doesn’t work, the domain doesn’t resolve. When I set up the subdomains using A and AAAA records by pointing them to the root domains IPs it all works fine, but that needs setting up 8 records for each subdomain!

Can someone help me understand how to correctly configure the DNS using CNAME to point to Cloud Run for my subdomains?

If you :orange: proxy a CNAME record, it becomes a Proxied “A” record. Any DNS record in Cloudflare should resolve…if you look in the right places.

If you need more assistance, please post actual hostnames you’re using in Cloudflare.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.