Google Ads "Website Unavailable" Error with Cloudflare WAF Configuration

I’m reaching out to share an issue I’m encountering with my website’s integration with Google Ads, in the hopes that someone might have faced a similar challenge or could offer guidance.

The core of the problem lies in an error message from Google Ads stating “Website Unavailable” whenever I attempt to create campaigns. After some investigation, I’ve pinpointed the issue to be with Cloudflare, specifically with how it handles or blocks requests made by Google Ads due to my current WAF (Web Application Firewall) settings.

To mitigate this, I’ve set up rules within Cloudflare to bypass requests based on the User-Agent [Qué es Googlebot | Central de la Búsqueda de Google  |  Documentation  |  Google for Developers] and even to ignore all requests coming from the US. Additionally, the security level of my website on Cloudflare is configured to “Medium”. I discovered that lowering this to “Essentially Off” allows Google Ads to work as intended, but, understandably, I’m concerned about the security implications of doing so.

Here’s a quick summary of the steps I’ve taken:

Reducing the security level for the sake of ad functionality is not a compromise I’m willing to make long-term. I am looking for insights on how to configure Cloudflare to accommodate Google Ads without diminishing my site’s security.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or have any suggestions on how to approach this problem? Any advice on specific Cloudflare settings or adjustments that could resolve this conflict would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and support

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.