When clicking a Google Ad that links to our website, the URL search parameters (?utm_source=google&gclid=###, etc) are being removed from the URL, even when copy/pasting the URL (including search params) directly into the browser’s address bar.
However, other URL search params are not removed. For instance, literally adding “?gclid=test” to the URL works fine.
Enabling “Development Mode” in Cloudflare DNS temporarily fixes this and allows Google’s URL search params to remain, but once development mode is disabled the issue resumes. This makes me think it is caching-related.
My “Caching Level” is currently set to standard, I have 0 cache rules, not using Argo Tiered Cache or Cache Reserve. My existing page rules are not related to search params at all, & there are no config/transform/redirect/origin rules
I’ve found that, while disabling the plugins does not have any affect, going into the Cloudflare plugin & disabling Automatic Platform Optimization, and then clearing all my hosting/DNS caching seems to stop the issue from happening.
I learned about it in topics (such as this) raised by customers, where Cloudflare staff responded after a while to say a fix had been deployed. To the best of my knowledge, a Cloudflare Status issue was never raised.