Giant Spike In External JS & CSS Files

Giant Spike In External JS & CSS Files

So, we started using cloudflare and we’ve observed a gigantic spike in js and css files.
This just started happening on friday, which is when we started using cloudflare.

Now here is the interesting part.
The spike is not consistent.

We made a backup to the staging server from a few days earlier.
That backup (which isn’t running through cloudflare) has no issues and scores the 95% and 81% on the above image.This is running 6 external js pages and 7 external style sheets.

The very interesting part is that we had a meeting about it and during the meeting the main site that currently is having the issue of running 20 javascript files and 16 style sheets dropped to 6 js files and 7 style sheets with a gt metrix score of 95% and 81%. However, half an hour later it has went back up to 20 javascript files and 16 style sheets with a gt metrix score of 95% to 81%.

Now I’ve looked at the source code for each of these two versions.
In the staging environment the javascript elements linking off of the page are combined by wp-fastest cache.
In the live environment (which goes through cloudflare) when I go to source I can see each individual plugin’s javascript and they are named after the plugin.

Now I am currently cloning the website to a second website to test if the code on the site itself has changed. To do this I am using a site migration feature based on current code.

Has anyone in the past run into issues with cloud-flare interfereing with WP-Fastest-Cache?
What else could be causing this?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.