Getting More Confused As I Go

I signed up for SamCart and I was wanting to attach a subdomain of my website rsdickson.net. They require that this be done through Cloudflare.

So, I started the process and let Cloudflare do its thing. Then, it started wanting information but asking in language that confused me. I was already afraid that I had done more than I wanted.

I called SamCart and they helped as much as they could, but suggested I contact Cloudflare support. Well, that seems impossible - everything points to help files with more confusing language. I really like a person who can respond to my concerns and give me direction for each step so that I do exactly what needs to be done and not more.

There’s so much that even this community wants me to include that I’m pretty sure I’ve missed a lot of things.

Is there anyone here who can help me?

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.

You could also try to explain the issue here in more detail.

Wow! Thank you for responding.

I’m not sure I can be too detailed as I’m not sure I can duplicate the sign up page from Cloudflare.

I know that I set the automatic part in motion and we got through the part of me changing DNS numbers. That concerned me as I don’t really want the bulk of my site to be affected by the desire to link just a subdomain to SamCart. However, it reached a point where it told me that it had done all it could do automatically and that I would need to do several things. Unfortunately, I’m not tech savvy enough to understand all that it was asking of me - I wondered if it wanted to control the whole website or even wanted to transfer it to themselves. At that point I stopped doing anything and went looking for help.

I suppose my initial questions are:

1. Does Cloudflare need the DNS records for my entire website/domain name (yes, I could be confused here as well)? Or, does creating a subdomain create other DNS records that would be used instead? I hadn’t gotten to the point of creating the subdomain when all of this happened.
  2. What are the exact steps needed to connect only a subdomain to Cloudflare so that it can be linked to another site such as SamCart?

Let me know if this is still too general. I appreciate the additional link you provided, but I will wait to see what help is available here. I’m coming close to giving up, but thinking that backing out could be as difficult as going forward at this point.

Thanks again!!

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.