Getting Connection Timed Out Error code 522

Hello all,

Recently from Feb 15, 2024 my website getting “Connection Timed Out error 522” . actually i am using Cloudflare from past two months for free SSL , where my domain and hosting space with GoDaddy. When i am contacting GoDaddy customer support they said IP is blocked in Cloudflare side firewall, disable it to resolve issue. but when i am searching for firewall option in my Cloudflare account i got know recently they remove Firewall tab and migrated to new one " WAF" tab.

How can i resolve it to re-back my site online. please help me out.

Error screen

Hi visiontechnologies00,

Thank you for creating this thread.

Please note that the error 522 Error 522 occurs when Cloudflare times out contacting the origin web server. Two different timeouts cause HTTP error 522 depending on when they occur between Cloudflare and the origin web server:

1. Before a connection is established, the origin web server does not return a SYN+ACK to Cloudflare within 15 seconds of Cloudflare sending a SYN.
  2. After a connection is established, the origin web server doesn’t acknowledge (ACK) Cloudflare’s resource request within 90 seconds.

You may some possible resolutions here.

You may see your Security Events in your dashboard under Security > Events.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you need further assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.