Getting Code 1097 on adding .org domain

I’m trying to add my website www.mosito.org to cloudflare. I’ve tried to do this before and my DNS is pointing to CF. However I get a code 1097. This zone is banned and cannot be added to Cloudflare at this time, please contact Cloudflare Support. (Code: 1097)

I’m no expert on things DNS and I don’t even know if that’s the issue. I literally have zero frame of reference to even start troubleshooting this so I’m at your mercy.

And the search will be your friend too :wink:

1 Like

Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button.

1 Like

Hi sandro. This post was not my first resort. I did Google and found this: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/205359838-I-cannot-add-my-domain-to-Cloudflare-

But my host says he cannot see that being the issue. I will contact support. Thank you both.

1 Like

And you didnt come across 1097 Zone Banned Error?

Also, the issue is unrelated to your host.

1 Like

I contacted support as recommended here. There was a ban placed on the domain due to previous abuse which CS simply removed. Not sure how that happened because mosito.org seems like a pretty unlikely domain to have previously been added to cloudflare and I def didn’t abuse anything.

If I may beg your indulgence because I now have a different problem. When discovering my DNS info, there’s no A record for my root domain. I get this:

An A, AAAA or CNAME record was not found for the www subdomain. The www.mosito.org subdomain will not resolve.

An A, AAAA or CNAME record was not found pointing to the root domain. The mosito.org domain will not resolve.

However an mxtoolbox lookup finds this result:

Type: A
Domain Name: www.mosito.org
IP: 104.31.94.154
TTL: 5 min

Type: A
Domain Name: www.mosito.org
IP: 104.31.95.154
TTL: 5 min

As I said before, DNS is not something I know anything about. Any ideas? Customer support again?

The records do seem to exist. Are you sure you selected the right domain in the control panel? Can you post a full page screenshot of your DNS page, with IP addresses redacted?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.