Geo targeting on DNS level

Hi all,
(Noobs question warning)
I have a requirement that I’m sure that CF supports it and I would appreciate pointing me to the right documentation since the search got far too many different results :slight_smile:
I have a domain AA. I have also a replica for it, aka domain AA-COPY. Each of these sites is hosted on a different server.
I wish that users from a specific country will go directly to AA-COPY. The redirection must be on the DNS level since the server of AA cannot be accessed from this country (so all htaccess redirection and server-based rules cannot apply).
Same goes to the other way, all traffic from all other countries must be channeled to AA website, even if the user types AA-COPY in the address bar.

I’m pretty sure CF supports it, but can’t find where’s the exact documentation.
Thanks

Hi @assaf1,

There’s a difference between a DNS record and a redirect, and you can’t do a redirect without the domain resolving, so there will have to be a DNS record.

You can do the redirect at Cloudflare, though, so the request doesn’t get to your server. It’s not built in functionality, but can be achieved with Worker.

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.