Geo-blocking does not work

Good evening. I blocked Russia on my sites by creating a rule in the Firewall section and at first everything worked fine, but now for some reason the blocking does not work and the sites open from Russian IP. Please tell me how to fix this? I need the sites to be inaccessible to Russian users. Thank you very much in advance.

Hi @eduha71,

The firewall rule is only blocking known bots from Russia - not all traffic from Russia. You need to remove the AND cf.client.bot.

1 Like

Maybe you mean to block Russian users, but not good Russian bots, like Yandex. You would have to toggle Known Bots to Off.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I did this. The lock is working now. I am very grateful to you for your help!

Hi @eduha71,

What is it you are trying to do with the known bots? With the current rule you have, the top half is irrelevant because all Russian traffic is blocked.

If you want to allow good bots, just turn the known bots toggle to off and remove the second part and the or.

If you want to block everything including the bots, remove the top part and the or.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.