Gateway for Android

Hello.

I have problem when using 1.1.1.1 app on android, when I have enabled WARP/Gateway or only 1.1.1.1 DNS mode my internet stops working after few minutes… I want to use Gateway but I can’t do this with 1.1.1.1 app, so, can I use Gateway location TLS address with Android’s “Private DNS”?

1 Like

Hello,
can you go to Advanced->Connection Options and try Reset encryption keys.
Do you have this problem on your home internet or mobile internet?

I tried Reset security keys but same problem, this happens on every network, on home wifi, on mobile internet, on work wifi… I have this problem from launch of 1.1.1.1 app… Same on Samsung J3 (Android 9), on Samsung A41 (Android 10) with 6.3 app version… Sometime I see “Your internet is protected” on 1.1.1.1 home page, but internet not works… Sometime I see “Your network wants you to sign in”…

App not works for me, so, can I use Gateway location DoT address with Android’s “Private DNS” feature or not?

Hmm if DotMrCode’s solution didn’t work we’ll need to take a look at the logs. Can you please file a ticket and put your name here somewhere in the subject for description so I can find it?

@datoshkr Have you tried using 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com to confirm you’re able to use DoT with 1.1.1.1?

Link

I want to use Gateway and block some website…

Hi @datoshkr, let’s confirm that you are able to connect to any resolver via DoT. Can you try with 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com and post the results of the test?

Yes of course

How to file a ticket?

In the app you can click the little bug icon or find the Send Feedback off preferences.

I did this a few days ago

@datoshkr I confirmed I could enforce DNS policies when I input my DoT endpoint in the Private DNS setting on Android 11. Just select a DoT hostname from a location on your account (looks like you did so in the first screenshot) and your queries will be filtered according to any policy you have aligned with that location.