Game server ddos protection

Hey there,

First of all, thank you for reading my post.

I am running a game server in go with a host

In the past two weeks I have been the target to some DDOS attacks that disrupt activity and cause me to lose players.

I have read that cloudflare usually helps with this, but have not been able to figure it out.

Can anyone please help me and explain more in depth?

Thank you

Cloudflare can protect your website, however, if you want to protect your game server (TCP/UDP services), you will need to purchase Spectrum as a separate contract.

You can reach out to sales to find out more, be adviced that the cost of spectrum is likely to start at ~$30k per year (give or take, sales will have better numbers for you), if this sounds reasonable, reach out to them.

Otherwise, Iā€™d look at alternative services, OVH, Hetzner, Corero, etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.

Are ovh and hetzner hosting services and if so, do they have good ddos protection?

Thank you

I think both do a decent job considering the price, whether they work for you is something that you need to evaluate. DataPacket is another option, slightly more expensive but likely more fine-tuned and customer-friendly without being as expensive as Spectrum.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.